Habanero chilli (bombai morich) goes very well with this dish. If you are lucky enough to have one, add chopped chilli in the end.
• 1 and ½ cup moong dal
• 1 large onion sliced
• 650 grams(wings, liver, giblet)
• ½ tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 cardamom
• 1″ cinnamon
• 3-4 clove
• 4-5 green chillies
• 1 teaspoon toasted cumin powder
• 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• 1/3 cup oil
How to make:
1. Roast moong dal on slow heat until lentil is crisp. But be careful we don’t want to burn it. And soak in water 15 minutes. Then drain the water.
2. Heat the pan with oil and add sliced onion. Fry it till it becomes golden brown.
3. Add ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, clove and 1 tablespoon salt. Cook it till oil is separated and chicken pieces.
4. Cook the chicken pieces till it becomes half cooked and stir occionally.
5. Add lentil and 5 cups of water and cook it till lentil is tender.
6. Check the salt and add sliced green chillies, cumin powder and coriander leaves. After 2 minutes remove from heat.
7. Serve moong dal with chicken pieces with plain rice/ polau/ naan or paratha and enjoy the flavour of lentil.