When I started this blog, I wanted to tell story about my cooking. Then I felt, I need some recipe first then I will tell story. Now I have about 150 recipes, more than thousand readers everyday and about 90,000 page views in a month. All credits go to my readers who give nonstop support and courage to improve me, my cooking and my blog. Few days ago I bought about 6 kg water melon. Sadly that water melon was not that good. It has thick white flesh which reminded me the story of maximum use. I saw that my mum is used to cook the white skin of water melon which is taste like hairy melon. So I put my little effort to write for my readers. May this recipe is new to you or some of you already knew it.
• 700 grams water melon skin
• 150 grams peeled prawn
• 1 medium onion sliced
• 4-5 green chillies
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2 tablespoon coconut cream (optional)
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• 2 tablespoon oil
How to make:
1. Peel green skin of water melon and cut like picture.
2. Wash it and place in strainer.
3. Heat the oil with bay leaf and onion and fry it till it becomes soft.
4. Add turmeric, prawn and salt. Stir it and cook about 2 minutes.
5. Add water melon and fry about 5 minutes.
6. Add coconut cream and green chillies.
7. Stir it and cook it till water melon becomes tender.
8. Add coriander leaves and stir it.
9. Check the salt and remove from heat.
10. Serve Spicy water melon skin with hot rice.