Bread Slices – 4, coarsely powdered
Unsweetened Khoya – 100 gms
Sugar – 200 gms
Milk Powder – 100 gms
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Kesari Powder – little
Oil as required
Slices of Almonds and Cashews
1. Combine the bread, khoya, milk powder and little water in a bowl.
2. Mix well and make small balls.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the prepared balls until golden brown.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.
6. Heat 1 or 2 cups of water over medium flame. Adjust the water as required.
7. Add sugar and stir well until fully dissolved.
8. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Add kesari powder, cardamom powder and mix well.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Add the fried balls and allow it to soak for 45 to 60 minutes. You can also keep it in the fridge.
12. Garnish with almonds and cashews.