Milk – 1 litre
Maida – 4 tsp
Sugar – 2 cups
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Cooking Soda – a pinch
1. Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan.
2. Stir well until reduced by 50% and thick.
3. Remove and cool. This is unsweetened khoya.
4. Add maida, cooking soda, cardamom powder and khoya.
5. Mix well and make small balls of the mixture.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
7. Fry the prepared jamun balls until golden brown.
8. Meanwhile, add enough water to sugar and bring to a boil until it reaches one-string consistency.
9. Gently drop the fried jamuns and soak for 30 minutes.
10. Remove and serve.
11. You can keep this in the fridge for a few hours and serve chilled.